Search

Google
 

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Captain & Tennille

I know, I know, the Captain and Tennille are not classic country artists. However, neither are Andy Williams, Tony Orlando, Wayne Newton or Yakov Smirnoff, but these stars have had very successful theaters in Branson. Besides, I just happen to like them…..



Toni and Daryl released their first album in 1974 and stardom quickly followed, taking top honors at the 1975 Grammy Awards by winning Record of the Year for Love Will Keep Us Together, which was also a comeback of sorts for Neil Sedaka.

Love Will Keep Us Together Video

Captain & Tennille recorded numerous follow-up, hit singles including: Muskrat Love, Shop Around, The Way I Want To Touch You, You’ve Never Done It Like That, Do That To Me One More Time, and Come In From The Rain. In 1976, the duo landed their own weekly variety television series on ABC, “The Captain & Tennille Show,” which I thought was very entertaining.




Although they have not had a hit in nearly 3 decades, they continue to tour and do special performances. I say they need to head that tour bus to Branson, MO and park it at a theater and stay a while.

F. M.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

And you know that there song "Love Will Keep Us Together" was featured in an episode of Will & Grace. Just goes to show that Captain & Tennille's music is memorable still years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoJrAM_18a8

HeathersArk said...

Hi! Boy do Captain & Tennille bring back some memories. I live in MD, I saw that you mentioned Branson, MO. Doesnt Tennille live somewhere out there in MO, I thought so but don't know what city it is?
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

It seems like there are some really great shows in Branson! WhichBranson hotels are good to stay at?

Anonymous said...

There really are plenty of Branson attractions there! I'm sure it will just keep growing and more performers will be heading out that way!