Search

Google
 

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Marie Osmond

My first knowledge that the Osmond family included a girl was in 1973 when Marie recorded the number one hit Paper Roses. It was such a hit with me that I chose it as my favorite song in my senior spotlight in 1977. I am not sure if it was the song or the singer that made the most impression on me……….haha


Paper Roses Video

In 1976 “The Donnie and Marie Show” debuted and lasted until 1981. This show made her a major star, not only in music but also on T.V. Also, it led to several acting roles on stage and in several T. V. movies.




In 1985, Marie was back on the top of the charts. There’s No Stopping Your Heart, which featured two #1 country hits: the title track and Meet Me In Montana, (a duet with Dan Seals which won the Country Music Association’s Vocal Duo of the Year award). I Only Wanted You (1986) earned her a CMA Vocal Duo of the Year nomination this time with Paul Davis for the #1 country hit “You’re Still New to Me.”

More recently Marie has produced a popular doll collection. She has also made big waves with her “Dancing with the Stars” performances, where she finished 3rd (I actually thought Jennie Garth should have filled the 3rd spot). Marie is now on tour with her brothers, and will be a part of the “Dancing with the Stars” tour. Also, she may be reuniting with brother Donnie for a Las Vegas show (why not in Branson???).

Marie’s brothers had a theater in Branson for years, and Jimmy tapes some shows for PBS from Branson.

I feel that Marie would be a big hit in Branson, especially if she teamed up with Dan Seals once again. She could now include some of those dance moves in her show………….

F. M.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Glad to see the new site is up! Looks like it's going to be pretty cool! So do you take suggestions on stars we would like to read about??

Courtney said...

Did Dad have a crush on Marie Osmond back in the day?? :)