Search

Google
 

Sunday, December 30, 2007

John Conlee





Just about anyone who has heard of John Conlee has heard him referred to as the singing mortician. Well it is true that he was a licensed mortician as a young man. We are fortunate that he did not choose that as a career path. After a few unimpressive releases, John hit it big in 1978 with Rose Colored Glasses, which Conlee wrote.





Rose Colored Glasses Video

In 1979 ABC re-released Back Side of Thirty, which this time went to number 1. After that, a string of hits followed including, Lady Lay Down, Before My Time, Friday Night Blues, Miss Emily’s Picture, Busted, the eerie I Don’t Remember Loving You, Common Man, I’m Only In It For The Love, In My Eyes, As Long As I’m Rocking With You, Years After You, Domestic Life, Mama’s Rockin Chair, Hit the Ground Runnin, and Fellow Travelers.

John is a member of the Grand Ole Opry, and performs there regularly, as well as doing some touring.

I feel that John Conlee could easily pack them in for a night time show in Branson.

F. M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are some really great Branson attractions worth seeing.