Search

Google
 

Friday, December 28, 2007

Juice Newton

I purchased Juice Newton’s 1981 breakout album and nearly ran the needle through it...that’s right, it was a vinyl record…..haha I still have that album. When I first became aware of Juice, I referred to her as a hippie singing country.......But she SURE could sing country...........

That album included the hits Angel of the Morning, Queen of Hearts and The Sweetest Thing.



The Sweetest Thing Video
I dedicate this video to my wife, who IS the sweetest thing I have ever known!!!!!..I love you.

Juice had many more hits throughout the ‘80’s including Break It To Me Gently, Love’s Been a Little Bit Hard On Me, and Tell Me True.

While researching for this article on Juice, I was reminded again how powerful and captivating her voice can be. She pours her heart and soul into every song.
Juice Newton remains a top performer on stage, and also has continued her recording career. Recently, she has been touring with Pam Tillis who has spent quite a bit of time in Branson, and is scheduled to return in 2008. Maybe Pam will tell Juice what a great place Branson is and we will be seeing her real soon.

F. M.

No comments: